Take your career in electronics to the next level with a specialized degree.
The Special Electronics Technician Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree emphasis program prepares students in core electronic engineering technology skills, as well as a broad background in computer support and networking. This is an advanced program with individualized learning and requires pre-approval from the program instructor.
The Anoka Technical Electronic Engineering Technology (EET) program includes a 72-credit Special Electronics Technician Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree emphasis program that prepares students in core electronic engineering technology skills, as well as a broad background in computer support and networking.
The program is individualized and requires pre-approval from the Electronic Engineering Department chairperson.
See your program advisor for more information or learn more about getting started in the Electronic Technology program at Anoka Tech.
- Interpersonal and employability skills: Communicate with peers and customers using professional, ethical and appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication skills; by accepting constructive feedback and displaying appropriate behavior; participating as a member of a team, exhibiting leadership and lifelong learning skills.
- Electronic Theory: Demonstrate a solid understanding of electronics; by interpreting electronic schematics and diagrams; research, organize and interpret information from various technical sources; identifying components; electronic test equipment used by technician in industry.
- Mechatronic Systems: Convey the understanding of complex relationships between sections of specialized equipment through written, verbal, and/or demonstrative methods.
- Troubleshooting: Demonstrate principles of troubleshooting and logical diagnosis by using critical thinking skills to define, analyze, and implement a solution.
- Mechatronic Applications: Evaluate and determine that all mechatronic equipment is in proper working condition, ensuring a safe, reliable manufacturing environment.
- Safety Compliance: Participate in class in a professional manner, by acting in compliance with documented safety procedures and appropriate industry standards.
As part of the Electronic Engineering Technology (EET) program, the Special Electronics Technician Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree provides students with the technical knowledge and practical experience necessary for an exciting career in electronics, automation and controls, computer servicing/networking, biomedical equipment technician (BMET) and engineering support.
Wage information is available from the Minnesota Department of Education and the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.
This program is individualized and requires pre-approval from the Electronic Engineering Department chairperson. Contact your instructor or learn more about the Robotic & Electronic Technology program at Anoka Tech to get started in the Special Electronics Technician program.
Some courses in this program may require a prerequisite. Please see course descriptions for more details.
MnTC General Education Requirements
This program requires completion of the following fifteen credits of general education from at least three goal areas of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC). Refer to the MnTC course list for elective courses:
|Introduction to Statistics (Goal 4)
|Mechatronics 1 DC
|Mechatronics 2 AC
|Computer Troubleshooting A+
|Programmable Large Controllers
|Solid State Electronics Devices
|Lasers and Optics
|Engineering Technology Programming: LabVIEW and C++
|Introduction to Statistics
|See Advisor for Additional Credits
|Special Electronics Technician Electives
Students must earn a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher to be eligible for graduation from this program.